Trauma and the Emotions
To find yourself easily frightened or constantly worried can come from past traumas. These include extreme ancestral trauma, a trauma in the womb, birth trauma, and childhood trauma. A person or event can come into your life, reminding you of that initial trauma and the overpowering emotions return. So how are trauma and the emotions connected?
The Adrenal Glands and Reaction to Trauma
The fight, flight, or freeze reactions.
When confronted by a stressful situation, the pituitary gland sends chemical messengers to the adrenal glands which sit on top of the kidneys. The adrenals release cortisol and other hormone messengers.
A sudden fearful experience can have an immediate response from the body:
- The adrenal glands function together with other hormonal glands, particularly in fighting or running away in the time of crisis, or in times of stress, illness or injury. The meridian relating to the adrenals is the Triple Warmer meridian. The saying “weak at the knees” is due to the weakening of the two muscles that relate to the Triple Warmer meridian. These are the Sartorius and Gracilis muscles which run from the region of the pelvis to the inner side and below the knee. This is the result of sudden adrenal depletion, which is similar to “blowing a fuse”, resulting in extreme tiredness and negative emotions.
- Fear and trauma are emotions that can express themselves in being “sick to the pit of your stomach”. For those who experience travel-sickness, it can be a fear of death.
- Another trauma can have different consequences on the emotions, the “runs or trots” or feeling “scared shitless”. Something extremely important is pending and about to happen. You are totally terrified of the implications and ramifications.
- Cold hands and feet as the blood rush to protect the heart and vital organs. Similarly with cold damp skin when a shock is involved due to trauma. Again, affecting the adrenals and subsequently the emotions.
The Fear Factor
Fear can trigger old emotional programs when some disaster or epidemic comes along:
- Of the future, based on your past traumas and challenges.
- About change, “Better the devil you know.” However, when there is an epidemic there is no choice, but to change.
- Fear of the unknown.
Image courtesy of Geralt on Pixabay
The Body’s Energy and Emotions
The meridians (your body’s energy pathways) emit electromagnetic energy and light. They can be weakened by emotions, affecting the flow of energy, as shown in John Diamond’s book “Life Energy“. For example, there can be obsessive worry relating to the stomach meridian. Physically, this can be expressed as a stomach ulcer. The feeling around the spleen meridian relates to the need to worry to live.
The thymus gland is affected and can, in turn, influence the immune system. This gland controls the life energy of the body (Thymos is Greek for life energy). A healthy, active thymus gland creates vibrant and positive health and emotions.
Most diseases start at a mental level before they become physical. Whenever you hold thoughts of anger, hatred resentment etc, the thymus weakens and the immune system can be depleted. These are examples of the connection between trauma and how it affects the emotions.
According to John Diamond, M.D. in his book Life Energy, the thymus controls all the acupuncture energy throughout the body. He calls it a master switch, the master controller, of the acupuncture energy of the body. He also states that it reflects our will to be well. Whenever the thymus tests weak, it means you don’t have sufficient will to be well.
The Solutions to Fear and Worry
People may tell you not to be afraid or not to worry. However, that is easier said than done. I work on the original inherent weakening programs that created a foundation of fear and worry and negative emotions and subsequently re-enforce the positive.
It is at a time when civilisation has been affected by environmental challenges of viruses, bacteria, pollution, electromagnetic stress which can lead to feelings of trauma within us. We have to truly check our emotional defences as well as the physical defences.
There are many excellent natural therapists out there, as well as natural healthy nutrition which can all help the immune system. I am here to help you rebuild the emotional wall that may have collapsed. In doing so re-enforce your self-esteem and value and allowing the best version of you to return.
I share more information on my YouTube video
Are You Ready To Transform?
My work as a Soul Whisperer is to help communicate with the soul’s needs.
After more than 30 years as a therapist, I have devised my own unique and efficient ways of achieving this.
We can meet in person, or over the internet, and even by distance healing.
I have also had a great deal of success helping children.
TESTIMONIAL from Gary, Stockport, England.
Since my consultation with Tony, I have experienced some positive changes, I feel more positive and have more energy. I hope things will improve more over the coming weeks as I’ve had some of the problems for such a long time I think it will take time to heal the physical problems. It was great to meet Tony, I was amazed with the treatment.
Read more testimonials.
You may like to also read my previous blog on The Emotions Behind a Weak Immune System